Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another Day, Another Entry...and maybe a job?

Ella is napping with her hiney high up in the air. It cracks me up to watch her when she sleeps like that (the joys of a video monitor-I love it). She doesn't sleep in this position for every nap-only occassionally-and it leaves me wondering what about those particular naps has her with her behind up in the air. Gas? Who knows.

She seems to be feeling better and thankfully does not seem to have acquired this cold I have. I, too, am better. But with a lingering cough and congestion that drives me batty. Nosespray is my dear friend right now.

Well, I haphazardly applied for a job on Craigslist on Friday afternoon, figuring it couldn't hurt. I've been quite disgusted with the online job search. You can't simply pick up the paper anymore and look for a job. There IS no longer a regular job section! Instead you have to register at monster.com, not REALLY knowing what you're applying for. Then you get tons of spam emails and phone calls and even texts saying "text pete for an interview!". Yeah Pete, I'll get right on calling you. Random. Ugh. Does it mean that I'm getting old that this bothers me so intensely and I miss the Post? I'm afraid to have anyone answer that question.

Anyway, back to Craigslist. Most of those are bogus too. But I sent an email and resume to one advertiser, and had a nice woman call me Friday night. I let her leave a message (afraid of another Pete) and she sounded normal enough on the phone so I called her back. We ended up talking for over an hour. It sounds promising, and I'm hoping I may even be able to work this out where I can return to school and finish my degree. It is a special dream of mine to find myself accepting my bachelors degree diploma on some stage somewhere (or really in any form or fashion) and telling my parents "I told you so", making them (and Ella and Mike) proud. Wouldn't that be lovely? We shall see if that happens. And we'll see on Tuesday what happens with this job endeavor. I'm meeting with the lady on Tuesday. Keep all crossables crossed for me! (but I'll allow you all to uncross your legs of course, for bathroom breaks. I'm not *that* mean).

I'm off for now....I'm liking this new blog format!

No comments: