Thursday, February 25, 2010

Where's Logan?

Yesterday, I was playing with Ella and I said how I wished Logan was here to play with her. Ella stopped what she was doing and looked at me. So I said "yes, I do. I wish Logan was here. Logan is your brother". She suddenly took off running towards the hall, so I followed her. She ran into her room and straight over to the picture of Logan next to her rocker. I was stunned! So a little later, I asked her "where's Logan?" and she got all excited and ran into her room again and went straight to his picture again! It was amazing. I have never worked with her on that. In fact, when referring to Logan, I call him "Bubba" more often than not when talking to her. We did used to rock and hold his picture, but when she was much smaller. I probably haven't pointed out that picture in her room to her in months, so this was such a shock for me.

Obviously, I know she's not "recognizing" him, as she never saw him with her eyes. But there's something about her running straight to his little picture and animals that warms my heart.

I got it on video last night. (be sure to pause the music at the bottom of this blog page before you play the video because you need the sound to hear her say his name and squeal)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW! This video brings tears to my eyes but also makes me smile when Ella runs to his picture. WOW! Very sweet! P.S. I like the new blog.